"An arbitrary succession of more or less irritating sounds"

Sunday 22 April 2012

Basic charting



A new William Basinski & Richard Chartier collaboration? Five years since their first (eight, arguably, if you date back to the original Spekk release)? Don't mind if I do...


Below hear "a brief excerpt. for now... tentatively Untitled 4" - so magnetic & so essential that even the posturing grandiloquence of an LMYE Track of the Day cannot cheapen it. Due (on Line) next January.


Spotify playlist (including Garden of Brokenness - "“Richard contacted me about a possible collaboration and sent me a track which I thought was very rich and harmonically similar to something I had recently been working on, a very swampy, dark piece I was calling “The Garden of Brokenness” after a very beautiful new installation by James Elaine..."




Untitled4_excerpt_basinski_chartier by Richard Chartier




Important: LMYE only makes music available that artists/labels have chosen to share freely. Let us know if something here shouldn't be.

No comments:

Go to Beatport.comGet These TracksAdd This Player